XEROX COME HIGHLY RECOMMENDED…
“Our CEO and I used to receive complaints from medical staff about the records situation every single week. We've not had a single complaint since Xerox took over…”
Chief Information Officer
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
Missing patient records found
- Eliminate inefficiencies in paper-based patient record system of more than one million files.
- Avoid complaints and cancelled appointments due to unavailable files.
- Improve unsafe working conditions for records management staff.
- Cut record management costs to maximise tight operational budget.
- Improve security and control of patient records.
- Ten-year records management outsourcing partnership.
- Breakdown of the project into phases that deliver value at every stage.
- Transformation of existing business processes before introducing technology.
- Full involvement of medical and union stakeholders throughout.
- Continually improving service aimed at electronic records rollout.
- 7,500 missing records found, leading to improved patient safety.
- Complaints eliminated as files available at point of need.
- Records staff transferred to Xerox, equipped with new skills and now working in safe environment.
- Expected savings of £2 million over ten years.
- Secure information governance and auditing standards implemented.