Print and document production isn't going away anytime soon.This is a reality. It
remains a part of daily life for most businesses and organisations.
Even so, we all have a duty to print responsibly. At Zerographic then, rather than
aiming to eradicate document systems, we strategise to streamline them.
Sustainable office printing
An unmanaged print setup leaves a huge imprint on the environment. We therefore
strive to optimise our customers’ office print setups.
In doing so, we generate cost savings and operational efficiencies for business.
This in turn reduces waste and carbon footprints.
The true environmental impact of a print often hides in the nooks and crannies of
an office, so let’s pull a few typical issues from the shadows.
The environmental problem:
- The average office employee consumes 10,000 pages of paper every year
- It takes 60% of a tree to make a case of paper
- Each office worker consumes approximately 1.2 trees per year
- Printers and copiers consume a large amount of electricity as they utilise
heat during the print process to fuse the toner to the paper
- The average printer cartridge takes 3 quarts of oil to produce
- If it is not recycled, it takes over 1,000 years for the cartridge to decompose
in a landfill
For every problem, there’s a print management solution. So here’s a few typical steps we might take to reduce your carbon footprint.
The environmental solution:
- Proactively managing your printer fleet means we can implement strategies
to reduce the carbon footprint of your company
- Xerox multifunction printers reduce energy usage by bringing together the
functions of multiple products into one machine
- Around 50% less energy is consumed by one multifunction printer
compared to the combined annual consumption of the separate products it
- Reducing paper usage reduces the amount of trees consumed and helps
offset the rising cost of printer paper
- There are several practical ways to reduce paper usage including: a)
leveraging duplex or two-sided printing to cut paper usage b) blending
electronic solutions to offset the price of print
- Introducing power-saving measures to put systems in standby mode during
slow usage times reduces electrical consumption
- Fleet optimisation can be used to consolidate redundant devices, further
cutting back electrical usage and costs
- A policy of free cartridge recycling for all customers
Zeroing in on managed print:
- Introduce green print policies such as automatic duplex printing
- Implement a strategy to eliminate unnecessary office printing
- Reduce the number of printing devices to impact on power consumption
and waste reduction
- Reduce your carbon footprint with new environmentally friendly equipment
- Slash paper usage
- Streamline the recycling and end-of-life disposal of hardware and cartridges
We are committed to protecting and preserving the environment. We do this by introducing responsible print and document management systems which reduce costs and carbon emissions.
-Zerographic Managing Director, Kevin Corbett